This section of the website describes and promotes the Nevis Multiform Foundation. It is a foundation that is different from any other. Here, you will find the facts that distinguish the Nevis foundation from the other foundations we offer. The formations requirement and documents are set out as well.
Nevis Multiform Foundations
The Nevis Multiform Foundation ordinance introduces a unique multi-purpose structured foundation. It is unique in that the ordinary foundation can take on a specific purpose, choosing from four main types of foundations:
- The Trust Foundation
- The Company Foundation and can include a Limited Liability Company (LLC) Foundation
- The Partnership Foundation
- The ordinary Nevis private foundation
Nevis Foundation Features:
- Nevis Foundations will be multiform: how the Foundation is treated in terms of its structure will be defined by the constitution of the Foundation;
- A Nevis offshore foundation can be treated as a Trust, a company, an ordinary foundation or a partnership. This increases the overall flexibility of the foundation as well as its uses and its applications. A Nevis Foundation may change its specific form or identity at anytime during its lifetime;
- The Nevis Foundation may (if desired) become a tax resident of Nevis, and would then be subject to an annual fee of US$1000 and then subject to corporate tax of 1% levied on net income;
- Consolidation, conversion, and merger: The law permits the conversion of non Nevis companies into a Nevis Foundations, existing Nevis companies into Foundations and the merging of two or more local and or foreign companies into a Nevis multiform Foundation;
- Forced heirship is specifically addressed in the Foundation laws, where such a foundation may not be made void, voidable or liable to be set aside in any way under the law of a foreign jurisdiction;
- May have unlimited life or limited life;
- May be revocable or irrevocable;
- Nevis Foundations do not need an assigned beneficiary.
For Nevis Foundation Pricing, Visit our Prices Pages.
Nevis Foundations Advantages and Benefits
Nevis Offshore Foundations offer more or less the same advantages of an ordinary offshore Foundation, with the added benefits as outlined above. But additionally, this foundation hybrid is far more flexible since the form assumed by the Foundation can be that of a Trust, a Company, a Partnership or an ordinary Foundation. The structural requirements for Nevis Foundations would therefore subscribe to regulations depending on the proposed form. Once established, a Nevis offshore Foundation under the ordinance is a separate and distinct legal entity.
- If a Nevis Foundation is to be classified as a trust, the multiform Foundation is called a Trust Foundation and the following provisions shall apply: the bylaws shall be treated as the trust deed; the trustees shall be the management board; the supervisory board shall act in the position of the other officers in the trust.
- If the Nevis Foundation is to be a company, the multiform Foundation is called a Company Foundation: the director of the company is the management board; the shareholders are the absolute beneficiaries.
- Where the Nevis offshore Foundation is a limited Liability Company foundation (LLC) the manager shall be a member of the management board and the members are the absolute beneficiaries. If the Foundation is a partnership, then the Foundation is called a Partnership Foundation. The manager shall be a member of the managing board and the Partners are the absolute beneficiaries.
Nevis offshore Foundations in all forms are exempt from all taxes and duties. The Nevis Foundation has the same consideration as companies and is usually regarded as a corporate entity. The requirements for a Nevis multiform Foundation are a little more complex than that of a plain foundation and bear some characteristics of an offshore company and a foundation. The name of the foundation shall include in its name, Ltd, LLC, Co. Trust, (the appropriate and approved name or abbreviation according to the form of the Foundation) immediately preceding the word Foundation or its abbreviation, FDN. When a foundation is combined with an offshore company, IBC or LLC, the benefits are greater and privacy increased. Order Your Nevis Multiform Foundation Now!
Nevis Offshore Foundation Requirements
- All Nevis Foundations must have a Nevis based registered agent, and a Nevis registered office.
- A management board and secretary are required.
- Annual meetings must be held but, may be held anywhere in the world.
- Annual returns have to be filed with the registrar and accounting books showing the status of the company must be kept at the registered office at all times.
- The Nevis Foundation is established through the written Memorandum of Establishment and by-laws (if any) containing
- Foundation name
- Address of registered agent
- Particulars of initial endowment (subscription)
- Management board members and particulars
- Name and particulars of Foundation Secretary
- Statement of form, in such absence deemed an ordinary foundation
- Tax status ( resident or non-resident)
- Revocable or irrevocable
- Name of officers
- Must have a management board of one or more persons
- Must have a secretary (natural or corporate)
- The name of the Nevis offshore foundation must end with the word Foundation or its abbreviation, FDN.
- Must maintain a foundation register with details, at the registered office.
- Must have at least one meeting each year.
All Inclusive Regular Nevis Foundation Package — $1240! All Inclusive Nevis Foundation Package with Agent Appointed Board Member — $1490!